Food & Lifestyle

Wednesday 9 July 2014

The perfect morning..



I must be one of the very few people that is a morning person. I mean I hate waking up early but when you have a day off or you have woken up in a good mood to be greeted by the sun shining and to have the full day to yourself...I dunno just something about it makes me happy. This post is going to show you what I get up to on a morning and how I like to start my day.

They say mornings start better with a cup of tea...I find it hard to argue although I am more of a coffee person. Considering today was one of the rare days in England where we had some sun and not thunder and rain, I made the most of it. Iced coffee is probably my favourite drink. I love coffee, hot, cold, blended into frappuccinos, in cake...I think you get the idea. So here is my recipe for my favourite kind of iced coffee.

Ingredients:
3tsp of Instant Coffee (Use espresso or filter coffee if you have it)
12 ice cubes or enough to fill your glass
250ml of milk or again enough to fill your glass 3/4 full
2tbsp of Caramel Syrup
1 Mason Jar or large drinking vessel of your choice.
 
 
Put your ice cubes into your glass to make it really cold and pour around 2 tbsp of caramel syrup into your glass, this works as a sweetener and gives the drink an amazing flavour. Then add your milk leaving some room for your coffee.

Leave the coffee to brew for a couple of minutes, if you want you could make the coffee the night before and leave it cool completely. But it works just as well if you leave it for 5 minutes.


 
While the coffee is brewing, I make a start on breakfast. I just heated up a pre-made pancake from ASDA they come in a pack of 4 for £1 (kinda cheating but they taste nice so it's fine) I heat it up in the microwave for 30 seconds and top with fresh blueberries and strawberries.
This then brings me onto my book I am currently reading and my favourite album. I'm currently reading 'Me Before You' by Jojo Moyes and honestly I can't recommend it enough. I'm 11 chapters in and I'm hooked. I wont give too much away but it's about a 26 year old woman who lost her job, and finds herself taking on a new job which drastically changes her life.

Also when I'm reading I love to listen to music, some people find it distracting but personally I love it. I recently downloaded Ed Sheeran's new album 'X' and genuinely haven't stopped playing it since. My favourite songs are 'I'm a mess' and 'Tenerife Sea'. It could possibly be my favourite album of all time...it's that good.
 
The coffee should have brewed for long enough now and be cool enough to pout into your glass, add as much or as little as you like depending on how strong you like your coffee.
Finally add a straw and enjoy.
 
I then just sat outside in the sun, drank iced coffee, put my earphones in, ate my pancakes and read my book. It sounds so simple but to me, it doesn't get much better.
I love mornings like this, they put me in a great mood for the rest of the day. Leave me a comment saying what your idea of a perfect morning is.
 
Luke.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig