Food & Lifestyle

Monday 28 July 2014

Jamie's Italian Restaurant




Italian Food is my thing, there is no denying it. After some thought I think it's safe to say, it's my favourite type of food. I wouldn't be surprised if I had some Italian gene in my family as we all love Italian food too. Not too long ago, I walked past a restaurant that was owned by one of my of my favourite TV chefs, Jamie Oliver. As a food writer, photographer, chef and father he is someone I idolise a lot. A few weeks later my friend said that he had just opened an Italian in Newcastle, she had been and said the food was amazing so I was eager to try it out. 3 visits later, a gold membership and lot's of full stomachs it's safe to say it's up there with one of my favourite restaurants of all time.
  What I like is that every restaurants interior is different, no two restaurants are the same. As a firm believer that what your restaurant interior design looks like, adds to the overall experience of the meal, Jamie's doesn't disappoint. This is the bar area where you can enjoy light bites, cocktails and freshly brewed coffee.
The interior I would summarise as being "Rustic Industrial/Urban Italian". From things like the hanging cured meats that make you feel like you're in a restaurant in the back streets of Venice to the contrasting modern painted walls and heavy duty iron staircase and light fittings. The vibe is amazing! There is so much natural light, you have a great view of the pass to see all the delicious food being taken out and the booming city outside. You don't feel to crammed in or too over crowded. It ticks all the boxes.  
They have an amazing drinks menu and highly skilled bar staff that offers drinks ranging from cocktails, Italian wines, beers and spirits to home made juices. Every time I go, I get their 'Homemade Lemonade' it's so thirst quenching and has great flavour!
As we were Gold Card members, we were lucky enough to be given a free appetiser of 'Pea and Ham Risotto'. Served in little espresso cups, it's a great idea as it wet's your appetite for the main meal.
The menu has great choice to say the least. They cover every part of Italian food from steaks, to salads to your obligatory pasta's and pizza's. Every-time I go I get something different. There are just too many things to try to just get the same thing. I was going to go for a 'Sausage Parpadelli' but my friend pointed out a board with pizza's listed on. I jumped at the chance to try one and I wasn't disappointed! 2 Pizza's, 2 Italian Burgers and 4 portions of Posh Chips please.
 
The pizza was hands down one of the best I've tasted. I loved the stone baked crust and the thinness off the base. Some might say a margarita pizza is a boring choice but if it's done right, it's the perfect choice! Lashings of sundried tomato sauce with Mozzarella and Basil and a finishing of black pepper was my idea of heaven! The 'Posh Chips' were delicious too, skins kept on they are tossed in garlic and parsley and are a joy to eat!
This is a picture from a previous visit where I ordered the 'Penne Pomodoro' which is a tomato and buffalo mozzarella pasta with basil and toasted bread crumbs. It was amazing, I've also had the Italian Burger which again was so nice!

If you're looking for a place that's got great atmosphere, friendly staff, amazing quality food and drink and generally a nice place to visit, Jamie's Italian is the one for you. They are always opening restaurants so I'm sure there will be one near you or one opening soon.
 
Thank you very much for reading and I hope that you enjoyed this little review.
 
Luke.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig