Food & Lifestyle

Tuesday 22 July 2014

Caramel Frappuccino Heaven.

As a HUGE Starbucks and Coffee fanatic, nothing would make me more happy than sipping on an ice cold blended coffee brew with lashings of caramel syrup and whipped cream.

When the weather is like how it has been recently, I tend to go for cold coffee over hot coffee, so when the sun is blaring and you need your daily dose of caffeine and sugar, this recipe is perfect for you.
Ingredients:
1 Bottle of Caramel Sauce (5 tbsp)
1 cup of Ice
200ml of milk
100ml of espresso or instant coffee
Whipped Cream
2 tbsp of Caramel Syrup
 
Equipment:
Blender or Liquidiser
Starbucks Cup & Straw or your favourite cup.
 
Method:
1. Start by brewing your coffee or espresso depending on which type of coffee you are using. If you aren't keen on coffee, completely leave this stage out. I use Nescafe, around 3tsp works well for me. Set that aside to cool down whilst you make a start with your other ingredients.
 
2. Now pour your milk into your blender. I use the cup as a guide, this is their 'Grande Size' and I fill up to the first line.
 
 
3. Now add your caramel syrup, you can get this in most Starbucks stores or online or even supermarkets sell it now. I use the cup as a guide so I know where to fill up to. If you like it really 'caramelly' not sure if that's a word but we'll go with it, then feel free to add more but don't forget to taste otherwise it might be too sweet.
4. Now pour in your coffee that has cooled down to room temperature. If you have left out the coffee, a great idea to have a cream base is to add vanilla ice cream or condensed milk.
5. Blend all your ingredients together for 1 minute till the mixture is smooth and there are no ice cubes remaining.
6. Whilst the mixture is blending, you can pour your caramel sauce into your cup of choice. I re-use the cups I get when I visit the stores, but you can use any cup you want. Swirl the sauce round the cup by keeping a constant pouring motion but rotating your cup on it's side.
7. Now pour the blended mixture into your cup, stopping just below the lip of the cup so you have room for the whipped cream.
8. You can top your drink with whipped cream or leave this out for a healthier option but it tasted soo good with it on.
9. Now top the whipped cream with more caramel sauce so that it swirls around the cream.

 

10. As you can probably tell...I kinda like caramel sauce. And that's it, Put your lid and straw on and enjoy.
 

I love Frappuccino's! There is nothing better than relaxing in the sun with this in your hand. And they are so versatile, you can customise them to any flavours you enjoy. Some popular ones are Mocha, Strawberry & Cream, Chocolate...the list is endless. Leave me a comment saying what your favourite is and if you have any flavours you'd like me to make.

Once again, thank you so much for reading and for over 2200 views on this blog, That's insane!
 
Luke.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. كراميل مونين

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig