Food & Lifestyle

Monday 14 July 2014

Birthday Weekend : Pre-Birthday Surprise!!

Birthday's...Some people don't like I big fuss but all I could ask for is that my friends and family are around me...and possibly a Range Rover but I'm still working on that.

I turned 17 this week, and it was probably one of the most memorable birthdays to date. With me having a brother, we were on 1 day and 4 years apart. I'm July 12th and my brothers is July 13th. So we tend to combine our birthdays, only this year we were lucky to have it on a weekend so made it one big birthday weekend celebration.

Friday 11th July 2014: The day before my Birthday
So...I had been told a couple of days previous that my mam had 2 for 1 vouchers for a meal at the Italian/American restaurant 'Bella Italia'. She rang me saying she had booked a table for 2 at 6:00pm. I then got a message from a friend saying she would be in Durham if we wanted to meet up before the meal.

Here's what I wore:


T-Shirt: American Jersey, Topman £13
Jeans: Super Skinny, River Island £28
Shoes: White Converse, Schuh £45
 

As the weather was on our side and it hit 23 degrees in England, a light airy baseball jersey was perfect. When I wear oversized things on my top half, I like to go skinny or well fitted on the bottom to balance it out.
 
I met up with my friend and we decided to go for iced coffee in possibly my favourite coffee shop; Flat White. It's a hidden diamond in Durham, on Elvet Bridge behind Van Mildert. It serves freshly brewed espresso with a number of sweet and savoury treats to tuck into.

I opened my presents off my friend in the coffee shop and was blown away with what she got me. As we are both so similar with our interests...literally are the same person but in male and female form. She got me a travellers watch which I adore and haven't took off since and some awesome Harry Potter memorabilia. Hopefully its one step further for us to go to the studios!

 
 
 
 
If you are ever in Durham and fancy coffee, you have to check out this coffee shop it's amazing! Look out for a review on here soon.
 
After this, we went to Krispy Kreme of course, it's not a birthday unless you eat your weight in food! I chose "Cookie Crumble" and my friend chose "Strawberries and Cream" both of which are amazing.
I said my goodbyes, thanking her for the presents and I went to meet up with my mam. This was when the surprise began to fall in place, she and my best friend had been organinsing a surprise meal for me weeks before. I had said I would have loved to do something with everyone but it's not always easy if people have plans or no money. I walked into the restaurant with my mam, we were shown to our table and there were my 7 friends all sat at a table. My face said it all...was THE best surprise ever!
After catching my breath and my heart calming down, I ordered some food. I went for the Italian Chicken Burger with relish and chips. Tasted even better being surrounded by amazing people! It was so unreal to have everyone around me and to share the celebrations. After the meal we went for a walk down to the river and sat taking photos and enjoying the sun set.
To say it was an amazing start to my birthday is an understatement! I truly am grateful for having such amazing family and friends around me.
 
Read the next 2 posts to see what I got up to for the next 2 days.
 
Thanks for reading,
 
Luke.
 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig