Food & Lifestyle

Monday 14 July 2014

Birthday Weekend: 17th and Newcastle

July 12th 2014:
17 years ago on the 12th July, I was brought into this world and it's mad to think that here I am 17 years later I'm writing a blog post about it!

I started the day by opening my cards and presents from my friends and family, I was overwhelmed by what I got. I always feel spoiled on birthdays and this year was no exception! As I'm 17 I got some money for driving lessons so can't wait to get on the roads.

My mam then made me close my eyes and I opened them to see a giant chocolate cupcake in front of me...Probably the biggest cupcake I've ever seen!
 
I don't know about you, but I know that I couldn't deny having cake for breakfast. It's the only day it's acceptable...that and Christmas.
 
After showering and getting ready, Me and my mam drove to Newcastle.
 
 
She told me she'd booked somewhere special for dinner and I didn't have a clue where. The table was booked for 2pm so we had a little bit of time to wonder and shop.
 
I really wanted an oversized T-Shirt from Topman so I used my birthday money to do just that.

I also looked in the jwelery section to see if I could find a simple silver necklace to go against the block colour of the black. This necklace was £2 instead of £8, I was really chuffed with that find.
 
I then went into Urban Outfitters. I love this store, the way they display things looks amazing. I wish I could afford to shop in there all the time. I really liked this section of the store as it had a traveling theme to it.
 
 

I picked up a floral shirt in the Sale for £12, I think the print is pretty out there but pair that with some neutral shorts and shoes, and you have a great summer outfit!
 
Then it was time for the meal. My mam revealed she had booked us into a restaurant I had wanted to go to for ages. It's called 'Carluccio's' and is in central Newcastle just down from the monument opposite grey street.
 
These were some of the treats they had in the entrance of the restaurant and I knew I was in for a treat!
I had a starter of Italian Bruschetta, then for a main I went for 'Penne Ragu Chorizi' and it was probably the best pasta I've had in a while!
 
 
 We decided to go all out and order a 'Strawberry and Mascarpone Tart with fresh vanilla ice cream' and I'm not just saying this but it was probably the best dessert I've EVER tasted. Was amazing! if you ever find yourself passing this restaurant, you have to order this. It'll blow your mind.

 
 
I then came home and opened the rest of my presents. I honestly had an amazing day. Some of my favourite things were my watch from my best friend and my 'Kiel James Patrick' Anchor Bracelet. I love this company as it's American based and the quality is amazing!
 
It really was an amazing Birthday and I couldn't have been happier.
 
Read the next post to see what I got up to on Sunday, my brothers 21st birthday.
 
Thanks for reading,
 
Luke.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig