Food & Lifestyle

Wednesday 11 February 2015

Tango Restaurant Review

Incase you hadn't already guessed, I'm addicted to Instagram. I'm always on the hunt for new places to eat and drink. Recently I found myself on a fellow bloggers profile and they had a photo of their from a restaurant called 'Tango". I clicked on the location and saw a stream of unbelievably mouth watering looking food and amazing drinks. I instantly knew this was my kind of thing. Couple of days later and a trip to Durham's cobbled street's was planned. We were greeted by a friendly waitress who showed us to an available table.
The decor I can only describe as being vintage with a modern urban twist. Comfy leather seats, dark oak tables, bird-cage chandelliers and a sixties jazz band sound track playing in the background, first impressions couldn't have been better.


 The beer kegs were a nice touch, as well as the glass wear lined up on the shelf all made for a really nice surrounding. We placed a drink order, which came in mason jars...it's little touches that set Tango apart from the crowd. The iced tea was perfect, thirst quenching and just what I needed.
The menu is split into two sections "bar" and "dough" (sandwiches). Again, a perfect idea so you can find something no matter what your appetite. After toying with the idea of going for some smokey ribs, I caved and went for the infamous "The Tango Classic" which came with haystack bacon, melting cheese, haystack onions and BBQ sauce. Yes please! We also ordered Nachos, "The Brit Burger" and some cheese nuggets which sounded heavily. 

The food arrived promptly and we couldn't wait to dig in. All the dishes were served on these industrial baking sheets which I think is a really great touch. 
 The burger was super juicy and perfectly cooked. I chose to go for the brioche bun, keeping it classic. The fries were crisp and there was ample in the pot it came in. I tried my friends nachos and they were super indulgent. Coated in cheese, guac and sprinkled with peppers and chilli they were perfect.

The prices were reasonable for central Durham and I felt completely satisfied after. I think they could give the likes of TGI burgers and GBK a run for their money. Give Tango a visit if you're in the local area, situated at the bottom of Elvet Bridge, it is the perfect go to for some homely, classic grub! 
Check out Tango's website for booking and other information http://www.tangodurham.co.uk/find-us/

Thanks for reading,

Luke. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig