Food & Lifestyle

Tuesday 24 February 2015

Salted Caramel Brownie Milkshake

Genuinely I think I have to take the time to admit that I might have a slight addiction to milkshakes. I probably drink wayyy more then I should but let's be honest, who can blame me. There is nothing better than taking your favourite sweet treat whether that be a chocolate bar, brownie or cookie, and blitzing it up with some milk and ice cream. It doesn't get any better. I used to love a milkshake shop in town where I used to live and they served any kind of milkshake imaginable, the day it closed I was actually gutted. So...I have to get my fix somewhere, thus is bring you "The Chocolate and Salted Caramel Brownie Milkshake".

Ingredients: (Makes 1 large glass)
3 scoops of good quality Vanilla ice cream 
150ml of Milk
5-6 small chunks of brownie (save some for the topping)
Whipped Cream
Salted Caramel Sauce (Or regular caramel sauce & a pinch of salt)

Equipment:
Any kind of liquidiser or blender

Method:
1. First start by scooping three scoops of your ice cream into your blender. 
 2. Then measure out 150 millilitres of milk into a jug and pop that into your blender.
 3. Now take your brownie chunks, I got these from ASDA for £1, you can make your own of course and put those into the blender too. You might want to break them up slightly if your blender isn't very powerful.
 4. Now add your caramel sauce, This is Starbucks own but I also have M&S salted caramel which would also work really well in this shake.
 5. I added a banana to mine for extra flavour but by all means you can leave this out. Maybe adding some chocolate sauce would be nice but this is completely customisable. Blend the shake till all of the mixture looks smooth. You can just pulse it so you keep some whole brownie chunks, that works well too.
 6. Now drizzle your cup with caramel sauce, this is completely optional but looks great once you pour your milkshake into the glass.
6. Top your shake with whipped cream, as you can see I went a little bit over board but you can never have enough whipped cream in my opinion. 
7. Top the shake with some of the remaining crumbled brownie pieces and a drizzle of caramel sauce.


I know this probably isn't the healthiest drink out there but it's good to treat yourself now and again. This would be really nice with some Malteasers in or even replace the vanilla ice cream for a truly indulgent shake! 

Be sure to take a picture and tag me in this if you make this drink,

Enjoy,

Luke. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig