Food & Lifestyle

Friday 27 February 2015

A day out in Leeds

I'm one of those people who hates routine, getting up, going to work/college, coming home, having something to eat and then going to bed. I think sometimes it's really nice to do something different. When my friend said they were going to Leeds for a University interview I jumped at the chance to go, purely for what I had heard about Leeds. A 2 hour car journey later, getting lost a couple of times and we made it. Here is what I got up to.

So our first point of call was Nandos. Something about spending two hours in a car makes you crave chicken...or maybe that's just me? As non-adventourus as we were going for a Nandos it didn't dissapoint. I tried to Peach Iced Tea and it was so good! 
 In true Nandos style I went for a single hot chicken wrap with peri peri chips and garlic bread. Doesn't get any better than that! Kinda wish we were a little more patient because we found a Byron Burger and a Wagamama soon after which would have also went down well!
After asking the waiter in Nandos where the best places were to shop, we found our way to the Trinity Centre and well...it all went down hill for my bank card then.
The centre was HUGE! It had literally every shop you could want both inside and out. We ended up spending nearly three hours here so it's no surprise I spent so much money! 

I thought the Urban Outfitters in Newcastle was good but genuinely this is the best I've been in. It literally had everything. From vintage, re-claimed shirts to a music room and a whole section of cool books and homeware items, it was great. Could have spent hours in there...and probably hundreds of pounds if I didn't stop myself. I found a baseball T with burgundy long arms perfect for layering, so I snapped that up and left before I could buy anything else.
  Then of course it had to happen...we found a Topman. Again, Newcastle's Topman is big, but this one was huge. They had a suit department, longline T's, a whole section for boots, shoes and bags I was in my element. I ended up settling for a oversized longline white T with tartan detailing on the bottom. Perfect with some black skinnies and sneaks.
 We then found ourselves in River Island and with two purchases already in the bag, I was on the lookout for something different. After wanting a bomber jacket for a while, I was so surprised to find one in the sale for just £15. It fit perfectly so I had to snap that up! I also was looking at their jeans which gave me an idea to rip some of my old black skinnies instead of buying some.
 Feeling the strain of all the shopping, it was time for a coffee stop.
 We opted for Cafe Nero for a change. I had gotten 9 stamps from buying coffee's before so my 10th drink was free. I went for the banana and caramel frappe and it was unreal. Literally so sweet but perfect none the less. Made it taste even better knowing it was free.
Surely we could squeeze a couple more shops in before we had to go back? We ducked into H&M and I had to restrain myself from buying another T-Shirt which I liked but probably didn't need. I opted for a smart layered look with a trench and shirt/jumper combo. I thought ahead so didn't go for a heavy thick coat and some comfy boots for walking. I'm wearing: 
Coat Boohoo Man
Jumper ASOS
Shirt ZARA
Jeans Topman
Boots Boohoo 
Bag ASOS
 The LUSH window display looked too good not to have a wander in. Sure enough we caved and bought some bath bombs. I chose the Fizzbanger which reminded me of sherbet lemons I used to eat when I was younger.
 The workers in the Leeds store were super friendly, giving us demonstrations of the bath bombs. I always look at the gift sets because they look so good!
 Wandering back from a serious shop, I found myself in the American section of Tesco where they sold all kinds of crazy flavour sweets. I went for some S'more flavoured Pop-Tarts and some white chocolate vanilla Oreos.
 I think I'm a little bit in love with Leeds and definitely will be going back soon. It was so nice to have a day off from college and have a wander around somewhere new. Leeds, I'll soon be returning!


Thanks for reading,

Luke. 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig