Food & Lifestyle

Sunday 8 March 2015

ASDA Homewear Haul

So recently I found myself watching a video on YouTube of a haul Tanya Burr was doing on the "Mums Eye View" channel. In the video, she shows all the items she picked up from the ASDA home section. ASDA always have a great selection of home items, so when I saw the video I knew I was due a trip to see what they had. You can watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihW9KHuS-cQ

The first item I picked up was this lamp. It is called the 'Globe Lamp' and I genuinely think that it was made for me. I used to have a desk lamp which was this great big burley thing and it did the job but was no where near as cool to look at compared to this.
Globe Lamp £15
It was £15 and I think it's a bargain. It has this chrome effect on the base and a huge glass surround that projects light around your room. Here is a link where you can pick up this lamp: http://direct.asda.com/George-Home-Glass-Globe-Lamp/001762665,default,pd.html?cgid=D26M01G01C07S04

 I then had a wander down the textiles type section and saw these two cushions. The first was featured in Tanya's haul which is the map cushion. It has a neutral look to it but a robust feel which I think would look great in anyones room. The link is here: http://direct.asda.com/George-Home-Map-Cushion/002040741,default,pd.html?cgid=D26M02G02C01 The second cushion purchased was the the one with American flag printed on it, again it has a really robust feel to it and with it being a different shape it adds more interest. Unfortunately I couldn't find the link for the cushion on the website but if you have a look in the home section, you may still be able to find it.
Map Cushion £7
Flag Cushion £7
The next item too is from ASDA however it was a purchase made last year. It is a London themed small cushion which was £5. I'm not sure if they sell it anymore but it's great for softening up spaces in your room where a lot of furniture sits.

I have been on the search for a new duvet set for a while now, this one immediately caught my eye. It has a skyline print which covers the full duvet and the words NYC are printed on the front which I really like. It completely brightened up my room and fits with all the images I have on my wall behind of traveling.

I would say that the print is reversible which I think is a really great idea. So if you get bored of the original print you can just flip it over and you have a whole new set. I went for some plain white sheets and pillow cases which were really inexpensive. Here is the link to the set, it was £12 for a single set.  http://direct.asda.com/George-Home-NYC-Manhattan-Skyline-Duvet-Range%C2%A0/GHManhattanSkylineDuvetSet,default,pd.html

There are still a few items that I want to buy, but they didn't have them in store so I picked up a catalogue to oder them online to pick up. I saw these binoculars on Tanya's haul and really liked them. Sticking with the travel theme, I think they would look great on my shelf with my camera and some books.
Binoculars £8
Then I saw a globe which I have always wanted but never really found one. I have looked in charity shops but when I saw this in the ASDA magazine I knew it had to be added to the list. I think it looks great with the rustic background and really would fit in placed on my desk.
Globe Ornament £15
All the items listed are available in store or on ASDA direct. I think they really have some great pieces and if you don't have the budget to completely re-do your room, adding some little touches can really make a huge difference. I think these will look great when I go to Uni next year too. 

As ever thank you for reading,

Luke. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig