Food & Lifestyle

Sunday 15 January 2017

Granger & Co. | Brunch in Notting Hill

It's always funny when I tell people that breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. They always look at me in disbelief. There is something so satisfying about waking up and starting your day with some eggs and coffee...well for me there is anyway.


The weather has been pretty miserable in London recently, putting that 'January blues' phrase well into practice. Armed with an umbrella, I headed out none the less to West London. Notting Hill is one of my favourite places in London. It kind of reminds me of how London used to be with the hustle and bustle of the market traders.

I've heard great things about Granger & Co, with their fluffy pancakes and scrambled eggs making people swoon. And recently seeing fellow blogger Lily Pebbles vlog, it sealed the deal for me.

Visiting on a Saturday in the peak lunch rush there was bound to be a queue. However I got seated relatively quickly and managed to dodge the worst of the rain.

The decor is classic London brunch. The huge service bar dominated with a selection of delicious baked items, drip coffee on display and a flocks of people wanting their breakfast fix.

I sat at the bar, a lot of people don't take well to this seat but I love it. You get to see the staff at work making coffee's and juices and it's a really communal way to eat.

Studying the menu, I opted for the "Granger’s greens" which had green apple, cucumber, ginger, silver beet, chia and coconut water in. It had a really fresh, earthy taste to it. Perfect with a coffee.
Of course I went with my usual flat white. Granger & Co. use a coffee bean brand called 'All Press'. Having visited their roastery in person in Dalston, you can tell their product is quality. It has a lovely rich, nutty flavour to it.


See - I told you sitting at the bar is cool. You get to see the amazing drinks and coffee's flying out to customers.

Their selection of baked items looked amazing too. With your classic muffins and savoury pastries being offered alongside cookies and cake.

Now to food. I opted for what they're famous for. Eggs. As tempting as the pancakes were, I was in a savoury mood. I added some optional sides, grilled Wiltshire bacon and avocado. 

The food arrived promptly. Eggs piping hot I dug in. I now understand why people queue. Rick, buttery and topped with a sprinkle of salt and spinach leaf. Delicious. The sourdough was crisp, bacon fantastic quality and with the fresh avocado and lemon I could do nothing more than enjoy.  


Can't recommend Granger & Co. enough. Get there early if you don't to queue but it's well worth the wait. They also have locations in Clerkenwell and Kings Cross. Here's a link to their website https://grangerandco.com if you want to look at their menu - I suggest you do.

Thank you for reading.

Luke. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig