Food & Lifestyle

Tuesday 31 January 2017

Exmouth Market Grind Brunch.

Sundays. In my opinion they can be spent one of two ways. Either not waking up till noon, lounging around in comfy clothes; eating your body weight in food and binge watching Netflix series. Or...popping out for some breakfast to kickstart a productive day. I chose the latter and went to try the new kid on the block of Grind's ever growing spots in London.

After seeing on Instagram that a new site was launching this week 'Exmouth Market Grind' near Angel I was more than keen to pop along. They had what's known in the trade as a 'soft' open, where the restaurant opens it's doors to the public but monitors the amount of covers to get the staff used to service etc. This week was also 50% off food and drink which was an added bonus!

Waking up Sunday morning ready for my caffeine fix along with a craving for eggs in any form I couldn't wait to get stuck in.

The restaurant/cafe is located a corner of the famous Exmouth Market, in Clerkenwell. It's hard to miss with it's bright interior and instantly recognisable pink neon inside. Since visiting Clerkenwell Grind in Shoreditch, the interior keeps the same theme running with marble tables, airy spaces and soft comfortable furnishings.

All of the staff are so friendly, which has became a thing to expect from Grind. I ordered a coffee to start whilst I looked through the menu.



The 'Baked eggs, ndjuga, peppers, whipped feta' immediately caught my eye. As did the porridge with roast apple, blood orange and streusel. I thought I may as well order both as it would set me up for the day. 

Usually I go for some kind of juice to have with breakfast however seeing their cocktail list, I picked out the non-alcoholic apple style mojito. It was so refreshing, perfect to drink along side a strong coffee.

The food was honestly incredible. The baked eggs were runny, had a lovely spice to them and were served with some rustic crusty bread. The porridge too was delicious. I know some people would say porridge is porridge but this was next level. The apple and streusel topping was fantastic. 


This breakfast is up there with one of my top picks in London. Purely based on the level of flavour the dishes had, the service and just generally the overall experience. 

Grind has became a dependable spot for breakfast where you know you are going to leave satisfied whether that be for a quick coffee or a full dining experience.



Here is a link to their website which has a list of their locations along with their weekday and weekend menus. http://grind.co.uk/

Thank you so much for reading,

Luke. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig