Food & Lifestyle

Monday 19 January 2015

Little Winter Haul.

Incase you hadn't already gathered, I buy a lot of clothes. But rather than get them for Christmas, my Mam got me a £100 TOPMAN gift card where I could go and get all the things that I wanted in the sale and get more for my money. It drives me insane buying something for full price then seeing it in the sale 2 weeks later, so sure enough the sales came and I kinda went a little crazy. With TOPMAN offering 10% student discount, I ended up getting a coat, 2 pairs of jeans, a shirt, a t-shirt and a ring all for £100. I don't think thats bad going. I also had a little wander into Primark as I was looking for a scarf that would go with my burgundy coat. Here is all that I bought:
Now with me, jeans have to be fitted. I really don't think I look good in baggy jeans and I think it looks well when you have fitted jeans then a baggy top, but never both. TOPMAN do a great style called "Stretch Skinny" Jeans. They are skinny but they fit where you want them too having enough room to move without thinking you are going to rip them. I got a light navy pair and a dark denim pair for £54 with student discount. You could dress these up or down, either with a slouchy jumper or a fitted white shirt and boots. 
The next item was the bargain of the century. This scarf was from Primark and it was £3, yep £3. It is like a chunky marl texture and keeps you super warm. I have a burgundy scarf but I wanted something that would go with the new coat I bought.
Again, an absolute steal. I saw this bag on the shelf and it had a reduced sticker on it. It was £5 and I thought it would be perfect for taking to work and throwing my work gear in there. I really like that it doesn't look cheap and it will go with anything being black.
It has a front pocket for easy access items and then two straps which are studs so it is easy to get in and out of your bag. You could fit a lot in here and for £5 you genuinely cannot go wrong.
This is probably the best sale item I have ever bought. I had been looking at this coat for a while and i saw that it was £85. I do have a thick parker from TOPMAN but I wanted something a little lighter and that had a bit of colour. This coat was in the sale reduced from £85 to £27 with student discount. I didn't know how quick to get it off the rail. It is the perfect fit and thickness where you won't be too warm or cold.
It has arm details and a row of 6 buttons which give the coat a smart look. Again this would look great if you work in an office with smart attire or like I wore it with a grey jumper and skinny jeans. I do love a good bargain and I think these items will see me throughout Winter. The grey scarf goes really well with the coat and it breaks up the block colour of burgundy.
Sale shopping isn't everyones cup of tea, and sometimes if you see something you really like...get it because it might be gone next time you go back in store. But if you don't mind waiting, you can get some great staple pieces for a great price.

Thank you very much for reading,

Luke. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig