Food & Lifestyle

Saturday 17 September 2016

Day at Portobello Road market

Hey guys,

Long time no speak. I've kinda vanished from the blogging world but in between quitting my job, travelling and moving to a whole new city I barely had time to blink. As some of you may know, I recently made the huge move from my little village up North to the big smoke, AKA London! I moved to start my university course at LCC, doing Magazine Journalism. Truly I still pinch myself that I am actually living here. It's all a bit surreal. But...I'm finding my feet just nicely, I start my new job soon and cannot wait get into my course and hopefully be doing something I love.

I really do plan on getting back into blogging now more than ever. I have never felt more motivated and inspired being in this city. I plan on uploading a post of my uni room and all the little touches I've put in place to make it my own. So keep an eye out for that!


Now that seriously long intro is out of the way, to the reason behind this post. I had a weekend off work (which never happens), so I thought what better than having a visit to Portobello Road Market, to doing a little bit of window shopping. Portobello Road Market is based West of Central London and on a Saturday is booming! Ever since watching Bedknobs and Broomsticks as a child I have always wanted to visit Portobello Road. It didn't disappoint. Even if the weather was a tad grey, I still managed to get some snaps of my day.

There is everything from street food, vintage antiques, furniture, flowers and everything in between. The notting hill area is amazing too! With the instagram worthy multicolour houses and fancy cars parked outside. I would highly reccomend a visit if you live in London and have never been or if you're just visiting (on a Saturday). If you're a bit of a foodie and love having an explore of a market then seriously this place is for you. It can get a little crowded so be aware.

Thank you so much for reading as ever,

Enjoy the photos,

Luke. X
















SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig