Food & Lifestyle

Tuesday 9 September 2014

Cookies & Cream Mint Mocha Milkshake

I'm thinking about starting a Milkshake series on my blog as my Starbucks Frappuccino Recipe went down so well. Milkshakes are my thing, there is something about being able to essentially make any flavour milkshake and customise it however you like them that makes me love them so much. I thought you couldn't get any better than the American classic Oreo Milkshake, but after some thinking I created the Cookies and Cream Mint Mocha Milkshake. I'm not just saying this but this milkshake genuinely has everything you could possibly want in it.
Ingredients: (Makes 1 large milkshake)
4 Big Scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream
6-7 Oreo Cookies
50 - 70ml of Milk (I use semi skimmed)
Whipped Cream
4 squares of Aero or Mint Chocolate
2tbsp of Chocolate Sauce (extra for topping)
2tbsp of instant coffee or a shot of espresso.
Equipment:
Blender or Liquidizer
Glass, Mason Jar or Milkshake Glass
Straw
Spoon Measurements
 
Method:
1. Start by making your coffee, I do this step first as it gives the coffee time to cool while you start with your other ingredients. I use a Rich Roast coffee which gives a strong coffee flavour. I added just under 100ml of boiling water. You can completely miss out this step if you don't like coffee.
2. Put 6 - 7 Oreo cookies in your blender, I used 7 as I like mine to be really Oreo'ey' if that's a word...probably isn't, then just blitz that up.
3. You are looking for a fine dark crumb.
4. Take 2tsp worth of the crumbs out the blender and put it aside in a small bowl for later.
5. Scoop out your vanilla ice cream, I bought soft scoop but if you are using a more firm ice cream, take it out the freezer a  little early so it blends easier.
 
6. Add that to your blender with the cookie crumbs.
7. Now add your chocolate sauce. I use around 2tbsp worth but you can add more if you really like chocolate.

8. This is where you can change the recipe if you want. I like my milkshakes really thick so I don't add that much milk but if you like them a little thinner add more milk.
9. Now its time to add your cooled coffee to the blender. I added the full amount and I found that it was just the right amount without it being too strong.
10. Blend that all up so the mixture is smooth. Should take about 20 seconds.
11. Now its time to add your mint chocolate, I added 4 chunks but you can add more or less depending on whether you like mint chocolate but trust me, peppermint and mocha go really well together.
12. Whizz all that together and pour into a glass. I drizzled mine with chocolate sauce to make it look good.
13. Top with a layer of whipped cream, again add more of less if you really like cream.
14. Now it's time to add the cookie crumbs you saved from earlier. Add them to the whipped
cream making sure it coats all the cream.
15. Finish with a final squidge of chocolate sauce and you're done.
16. Just add your straw and enjoy.
And that's it, its so simple to make but the end result look really professional and the taste is even better. If you make this milkshake you will know how well everything goes together. When I go to Starbucks I sometimes order a Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino and this is really similar but with the thickness and taste of a milkshake. You can't go wrong!

As ever, f you make this recipe, be sure to tag me in any photos you take as I love to see them. My social media links are at the top of my blog if you want to tweet me a picture or tag me in it on Instagram. I hope you have enjoyed this and let me know in the comments if you liked it or if you added any other flavours. I have 2 more shake ideas to come so keep an eye out for those.

Thanks for reading,
 
Luke.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig